Free Insurance Claim Help via The Roadmap to Recovery Program
The Disaster Recovery Handbook (written by Survivors for Survivors)
“The Disaster Recovery Handbook and Household Inventory Guide”, affectionately known by thousands of disaster survivors as “the little yellow book” that guided them through the process of recovering from the loss of their homes. Written by survivors for survivors, along with expert advice from trusted consumer advocates and personal finance professionals.
• If you have lost your home and would like a free copy, e-mail the address of your destroyed home to: email@example.com, or call us at (415) 393-9990.
• If you are not a disaster survivor, but would like to purchase a copy or copies of the handbook, you can place your order a copy from Amazon.
Tips, Sample letters and Forms at www.uphelp.org
• Claim Tips (Use website search feature or home page buttons to find topics you need)
• Videos of Roadmap to Recovery presentations by rebuilding, insurance and recovery experts
• Sample letters/ Sample forms to help document your loss and get paid in full and on time
• Resources for overcoming obstacles
• Government help information and links
• Tax information for wildfire survivors
Support from Previous Disaster Survivors
Get confidential emotional support, insurance and rebuilding tips from previous catastrophic loss survivor through the United Policyholders Disaster Recovery Mentor Program. For more information and/or to receive a list of and contact info for available mentors, please email or call Emily Cabral, Emily@uphelp.org (415) 393-9990, or contact UP Outreach Coordinator Karen Reimus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free confidential online answers to your questions
We have opened our secure online “Ask an Expert” forum to all 2009 Jesusita Fire Survivors. The forum is an easy and safe way to ask direct questions to attorneys, claims professionals and previous disaster survivors who serve as UP volunteers and get the answers you need. The expert doesn’t see your contact info, but you can contact them if you want to follow up on their answer. To join the forum, please write “forum invite” in the subject line and e-mail:email@example.com.
“Survivor to Survivor ListServ” (Private online discussion forum)
A restricted access on line discussion forum for ‘09 Firestorm Survivors only. A safe and convenient way to get and share valuable information with others who are in the process of recovering from a recent wildfire loss. Access limited to victims by invitation only. For more information and/or to receive an invite to the list serve, contact UP Outreach Coordinator Karen Reimus by e-mail at uphelp.org.
• Locate qualified clean up, construction, claim representations and legal help via the “Find Help” section of our website.
• California Department of Insurance: An important resource for getting help and information. UP Executive Director Amy Bach chairs the CDI Consumer Advisory Task Force and UP staff work closely with the Department.
Recent Fires where UP is helping:
|Jesusita Fire (Santa Barbara County)
Tea Fire (Santa Barbara County)
Sayre Fire (Los Angeles County)
Summit Fire (Santa Cruz County)
Martin Fire (Santa Cruz County)
Grass Valley / Slide Fires (San Bernardino County)
|Freeway Complex Fire (Orange County)
Witch Fire (San Diego County)
Rice Fire (San Diego County)
Harris Fire (San Diego County)
Humboldt Fire (Butte County)
Ophir Fire (Butte County)