- Is Earthquake Insurance Right For You?
Doing the math to find out if buying it is the right financial decision for you.
- The Big One and The Big Question: Earthquake Insurance: To Buy or Not to Buy…?
What to consider when weighing the pros and cons of buying earthquake insurance
- Earthquake Insurance Shopping Resources
Shopping options for homeowners
- Earthquake Insurance for Renters
Shopping options for renters
- Earthquake Insurance for Condos
This link is to the CEA’s brochure on Earthquake Insurance for Condos/Townhouses
Use the Earthquake Insurance Shopping guide below to compare companies.
- The Most Practical Ways to Prepare for an Earthquake
Simple steps you can take depending on the availability of time and money
- Earthquake Insurance Shopping Guide
A tool to compare prices and features of earthquake insurance
- Renters Insurance Shopping Guide
A tool for renters to compare prices and features of earthquake insurance
Links and Resources
- The Institute for Business and Home Safety
Enter your zip code to get general information on the risks in your area
- United States Geological Survey
Nationwide Earthquake risk information from the United States Geological Survey
- Association of Bay Area Governments
Bay Area specific information on earthquake preparedness and retrofitting (damage prevention in advance)
- American Red Cross
Preparedness information for your family, home and workplace
- Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country
A useful guide to making your home earthquake safe
For information on earthquake claims and damage repair, click here.