- Preparedness Tips From the Trenches
- Dropped by your home Insurer? Where to go for help in California
- Insuring your property for flood damage
- Is Earthquake Insurance Right For You?
- Earthquake Insurance Shopping Resources for Homeowners
- Shop Smart – Tips on Insuring Your Home
- Home Insurance Check UP
- Disaster Resiliency Tips for Small Businesses
- What’s the Right Life Insurance?
- Three Things to Know About Long Term Care Insurance
- Earthquake Insurance for Renters
- Non-Owner Car Insurance
- The Big One and the Big Question: Earthquake Insurance: To Buy or Not to Buy…?
- Tips for insuring a teen driver
- What’s UP with Renters Insurance?
- Do’s And Don’ts When Insuring Your Home
- Check UP: Hail and Wind Limits / Exclusions
- Auto Insurance Basics
- Do you have Cyber Liability Insurance?
- Work from Home? TCB
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Disability Offsets
- Long Term Disability Shopping Tips
- Renters Insurance Comparison Shopping Guide
- Flood Insurance Shopping Tips
- NFIP Risk Rating 2.0 FAQ’s
- Mind the Gap – Do you need earthquake insurance?
- Dropped by Your Home Insurer? Don’t Panic, Try Our Tips
- Buying Car Insurance That Will Truly Protect You
- Auto Insurance Check UP
- Understanding different types of insurance companies
- UPdated Home Insurance Shopping Tips (2023)
- Mobile/Manufactured Home Insurance Basics
- Mobile/Manufactured Home Buying Tips
- The lowdown from UP on the California FAIR Plan, the last resort option for insuring your home
- 4 Ways to Double Check Your Homeowners Insurance Coverage
- How to check an insurer’s financial strength
- Evacuation Check List
- How to Avoid the Underinsurance Crisis
- Is Your Home Covered for a Total Loss?
- Earthquake Insurance Shopping Guide
- Insurance Check-Up for Landlords and Property Owners
- What to do about “CLUE”?
- The Most Practical Ways to Prepare For An Earthquake
- Picking a good insurance agent or broker
- What’s UP with Gap Insurance?
- Get a “CLUE”: Don’t Be a Victim of “Use It and Lose It”
- Insuring a Rental Car—Buy Only What You Need
- How To Create A Home Inventory
- Ridesharing: Auto Insurance Options
- Save on Your Auto Insurance
- Buying UM/UIM Coverage (uninsured, underinsured motorist coverage)
- Earthquakes Can Drain Your Bank Account (FEMA Flyer)
- Credit Scoring in Insurance: An Unfair Practice
- A Certified Financial Planner’s Guide to Earthquake Insurance for California Homeowners & Risk Management Steps to Minimize Damage
- Long Term Care Planning: Then and Now
- Consumer Alert: Insuring adult children (ages 19-26)
- A New Option for Disaster Insurance: Parametric
- Insurance you probably don’t need
- The Life Insurance Consumer Advocacy Center
- Flood After Fire: The Increased Risk
- BrokerCheck Tool
- Rutgers Homeowners Insurance Policy Scoring Tool
What people say about UP
“This group provided valuable information and support for those who lost their homes in the Fourmile Fire two years ago and they have worked in many other communities that have suffered property damaging disasters. I recommend them without reservation.”United Way
“We cannot thank you enough for all your support, education and assistance through our recovery from the 2017 Tubbs Fire. Without all your input I have no idea how we could have recovered. We’re not quite there yet, but getting closer! Many, many thanks.”Christopher and Urmila - 2017 Tubbs Fire Victims
“The disaster recovery resources you provided helped many individuals and families.”County of Lake, CA
“Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of your outstanding contributions to the Third Supervisorial District and the County of San Diego.”County of San Diego
“(United Policyholders) provided helpful insights into the state of the current insurance market for earthquake, fire and flood coverage, and the critical rile insurance plays in the ability of our communities recover from such catastrophic events. You brought an important and unique perspective to the hearing, that of homeowners themselves.”California State Senate
“Whenever I felt confused about any topic I first looked it up in the yellow book. Then I could go deeper based on what I read. Or I knew when to call it good.”Wildfire Survivor 2014