First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to read this – it means a lot. We live in GA and had pipes burst in our kitchen and have been stuck without the ability to use our main level and appliances. Below is a timeline of the events, is the insurance in breach of any regulations?
1) Flood – 12/24/2022 (93 days ago as of today)
2) First adjuster visited – 1/3/2023 (83 days ago)
3) Walls tested positive for asbestos 1/11/2023 (75 days ago – this was a surprise as we were told when we bought the house there was no asbestos or prior flooding, both of which turned out to be false)
4) Travelers insurance said they transferred our claim to our HOA’s insurance and paid us for their deductible – 1/19/2023 (67 days ago)
5) New adjuster visited (40 days ago)
We’ve repeatedly followed up asking for next steps/if they need anything from us and they keep saying a report will be ready “in moments” or “end of week”, but we still have not been able to even cut into the walls to dry it out. Being an immunocompromised home, we’re concerned about mold given that we live in the south. Is there any recourse we have? Thanks!