I had a partial loss as a result of the CZU Fire and my home has structural damages to the roof and exterior walls. However, the building department has stalled/ delayed permits, and I have continued to live in my house with only temporary mitigation repairs until the permits issues is resolved. I will have to move out during construction as I have a very tiny 2-bdrm 700 sq ft home on a steep hillside.
I have not incurred or submitted claim for any ALE as yet, but I am now at the 2 year mark.
How do I approach my (generally uncooperative) claims adjuster. I want to negotiate that I will have at LEAST 6 months ALE once construction begins– but there are multiple reasons for delays beyond my control. HELP!