We had a fire over a year ago. From the start the insurance has been denying obvious things, delaying answers and payments, and often not even responding to our questions. After 4 months we hired a public adjuster but he was more hindrance than help; six months later we terminated his services. Then the insurance stopped our ALE in November because they are saying we should have already done the repairs and moved back home. We have proved to them and to the CDI that we still have soot in the kitchen that cannot be cleaned unless the cabinets are taken down; the insurance approved taking down the kitchen cabinets to clean this soot after they terminated our ALE, but they are still saying we should have moved back in already. We have not even received the estimate for this work from the insurance vendor so we cannot do it. And this cleaning needs to be done before other work in the house is done such as the painting, so it is obvious that we could not have moved back. However, the insurance is still denying the ALE and CDI is not helping.
What can we do?