Pool Damage don.aultz asked 2 years ago
Pool Damage

We recently had damage occur to our community pool. The adjuster is requiring a contractor to help determine the cause of the damage. Who pays the contractor??



1 Answers
Kelly Mannion Kelly Mannion answered 2 years ago

Hi Don,

Sorry to hear about the damage to your pool. This is a great question. It’s important to figure out who the named insured is under the policy. That person will be identified on the declarations page of the policy. If you don’t know who that is, ask the insurance company who the named insured is. That person will be able to communicate with the insurance company.

Someone needs to ask the insurer whether they expect to pay that contractor. Based on your question, it appears that the insurer is the one asking for this investigation, so the insurer should pay the contractor for this work.