“(United Policyholders) provided helpful insights into the state of the current insurance market for earthquake, fire and flood coverage, and the critical rile insurance plays in the ability of our communities recover from such catastrophic events. You brought an important and unique perspective to the hearing, that of homeowners themselves.”
1. Be pro-active in the claim process.
2. You’re not on a level playing field when you’re dealing with an insurance claim.
3. Think of your insurance claim as a business negotiation—you’re dealing with a for-profit company.
4. Give your insurance company a chance to do the right thing, but don’t mistake a friendly representative for a friend.
5. Document and support your claim with proof, details and estimates.
6. Present clear requests in writing that explain what you need, when you need it, and why you’re entitled to it.
7. Don’t pad or exaggerate your claim.
8. Don’t sign legal documents without consulting with a qualified attorney.
9. Try to resolve problems informally but complain in writing, go up the chain of command and/or use government agency help when necessary.
|Top 10 Insurance Claim Tips_2.pdf||139.36 KB|