Thank you Board member Jennifer Rosdail for distributing Roadmap to Recovery Guides to Hurricane Harvey Victims in Texas and being a highly effective UP volunteer. Jennifer is pictured here doing relief work in the Lone Star State this week with a KW Cares team member and son Elvis Adler.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Roadmap to Recovery Volunteers
1. Being genuinely empathetic (thank you Team UP)
2. Willing to help, even if it brings up painful memories (thank you Karen Reimus)
3. Willingness to share expertise free of charge (thank you Ask an Expert volunteers)
4. Being an expert on topics disaster victims need help with (thank you Ken Klein)
5. Understanding that a non-profit is there to help, not sell (thank you UP sponsors)
6. Being ready to jump into action after a disaster (thank you Sue Piper)
7. Paying forward help and lessons learned the hard way to benefit others (thank you Kerri Olivier)
* With gratitude to the late Stephen Covey, Author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.