Our final tip of the month this year is simple: When it comes to insurance, have a pro-active mindset.
- If you’ve had a loss, ask for a cash advance while your claim is being processed.
- If you’ve got property insurance, ask the agent or insurer that sold it to you whether it caps payments on specific items and excludes specific events.
- If you want to qualify for the best pricing, ask what you can do to reduce your risk profile.
Please support UP so we can continue to support you. This year we:
- Helped 500,000 insurance consumers at uphelp.org
- Intervened to challenge an excessive rate increase by a home insurer
- Trained recovery advocates in Idaho, Louisiana, Hawaii and the Carolinas
- Published Wise UP: The Savvy Consumer’s Guide to Buying Insurance
- Celebrated our 25th year of service
See the original TOTM email here.