This Library was originally created after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 as a resource for property and business owners, policyholder advocates, elected officials and the media. It is designed to explain and help solve insurance claim problems faced by home and business owners after large scale catastrophes. The Library contains tips, articles, bulletins, forms, reports, statistics, links and a wealth of information. Editor’s Note: some of the information in this library may be superseded or outdated. United Policyholders thanks and acknowledges the law firm of Anderson, Kill & Olick for research assistance and support.
Water Damage Claim Help Navigation
- Library Home
- Home/Property Owners
- Business Owners
- Advocates (Lawyers, Public Adjusters, Relief And Government Aid Workers)
- Hot Topics
- Legislative Reform Efforts
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Top 20 Tips For Disaster Survivors (pdf)
- Dictionary Of Common Insurance Terms
- Find An Insurance Lawyer In Your Area
- Non-Lawyer Professional Help Resources
- Claim Dispute Resolution Resources
- Slabbed – The Insurance Issues Forum
Professor Adam Scales, Washington and Lee University School of Law
Amy Bach, Esq. Exec. Dir., United Policyholders
David Kochman, Esq.
John N. Ellison, Esq.
Finley T. Harckham, Esq.