Here are the services we are offering in the areas impacted by recent Southern California wildfires.
Free Insurance Claim Help via The Roadmap to Recovery™ Program
- Tips, Sample letters and Forms
- The Disaster Recovery Handbook (written by Survivors for Survivors)
“The Disaster Recovery Handbook and Household Inventory Guide“, affectionately known by thousands of disaster survivors as “the little yellow book” that guided them through the process of recovering from the loss of their homes. Written by survivors for survivors, along with expert advice from trusted consumer advocates and personal finance professionals.
- If you have lost your home and would like a free copy, e-mail the address of your destroyed home to: email@example.com, or call us at (415) 393-9990.
- If you are not a disaster survivor, but would like to purchase a copy or copies of the handbook, you can place your order by calling 1-888-894-8621 or order online at: http://www.malloybooks.com/UnitedPolicyHolders.html. Volume discounts bring the $14.95 single copy price down to as low as $6.47 per book.
- Support from Previous Disaster Survivors
Get confidential emotional support, insurance and rebuilding tips from previous catastrophic loss survivor through the United Policyholders Disaster Recovery Mentor Program. For more information and/or to receive a list of and contact info for available mentors, please email or call Emily Cabral, Emily@uphelp.org (415) 393-9990, or contact UP Outreach Coordinator Karen Reimus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Survivors Speak: Calculating and Negotiating Dwelling Losses
Testimonials about calculating dwelling claims from people who have lost their homes in California wildfires in the last ten years
- Free confidential online answers to your questions
We have opened our secure online “Ask an Expert” forum. To join the forum, please visit our “Ask an Expert” page here.
- “Survivor to Survivor ListServ” (Private online discussion forum)
A restricted access on line discussion forum for Firestorm Survivors only. A safe and convenient way to get and share valuable information with others who are in the process of recovering from a recent wildfire loss. Access limited to victims by invitation only. For more information and/or to receive an invite to the list serve, contact UP Outreach Coordinator Karen Reimus by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Other Resources
- Locate qualified clean up, construction, claim representations and legal help.
- California Department of Insurance:
An important resource for getting help and information UP Exec. Dir. Amy Bach chairs the CDI Consumer Advisory Task Force and UP staff work closely with the Department.
- The Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- American Red Cross
- SBA Disaster Loans