This week there will be two post-disaster tax workshops for Valley Fire survivors. Residents whose homes or businesses have been damaged or destroyed in the recent wildfires are encouraged to attend as well as income tax and personal finance professionals.
Middletown: Twin Pines Casino Event Center
22223 CA 29, Middletown
Wednesday, January 13th, from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Lakeport: Lakeport City Hall Council Chambers
225 Park Street, Lakeport
Thursday, January 14th, from 6:00-8:00pm
Guest Speaker: John Trapani, CPA
For more than twenty years John Trapani, CPA has assisted taxpayers who experience a catastrophic loss and resolving their tax and financial issues that arise out of these extraordinary situations. John developed a personal perspective on the process of recovering, from his first-hand catastrophic loss experiences in the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.
This workshop will cover:
- Income tax benefits and reporting responsibilities that can help and hurt people who experienced a disaster loss
- Is there a loss or a gain? Tax year to claim a loss? Sell & buy or rebuild?
- Documenting and claiming insured and uninsured losses
- Tax consequences of insurance settlements, SBA loans, FEMA grants, etc.
- Special rules for federally declared disasters
For more information, please RSVP to Robertson & Associates, CPA
(707) 263-9012 or firstname.lastname@example.org