Through our Roadmap to Preparedness and Advocacy and Action programs, United Policyholders is continuing to work hard to help the thousands of California households that are struggling to keep their homes properly insured at a price they can afford and with a company they can count on.
- Publishing and updating written guidance, tips and information at uphelp.org
- Collecting and sharing names of insurers that are selling new policies and renewing existing policies
- Presenting at public forums, meetings and conferences focused on wildfire preparedness
- Building coalition support for an official risk reduction standard and insurance rewards
- Supporting and advancing legislative proposals to increase access to affordable home insurance
- Opposing legislative proposals that will weaken price controls on home insurance in CA
- Calling on insurance companies to support and reward wildfire risk reduction