UP advocates for expedited insurance payouts and fewer paperwork hassles for disaster survivors. By helping people get the money they need to repair, rebuild and replace with fewer delays, we’re improving their ability to restore the quality of their lives and financial health.
This week, we will be sharing recent legislative successes in California, Colorado and Oregon with regulators at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and urging all in wildfire prone states to advance claim handling reforms.
UP is working to help all wildfire-prone states adopt similar improvements to expedite payouts for rebuilding and recovery.
Executive Director Amy Bach has served as an official consumer representative at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners since 2009. At the NAIC, UP brings regulators’ attention to real life problems and advances workable solutions. Our priority goals include:
- Advocating for policies to meet consumers’ reasonable expectations of coverage
- Reversing the trend of “exclusions gone wild”
- Making it possible for insurance consumers to comparison shop for quality protection and price
- Advocating for essential policyholder protections
- Helping regulators protect consumers
- Resisting industry efforts to weaken policyholder protections