Here are just a few of UP’s many tips for communicating effectively with an insurance company:
- Create a paper trail.
- Be proactive: Document your losses and make specific reimbursement requests.
- Use good grammar, be polite, be persistent.
- Remember you’re in a business negotiation and not on a level playing field.
- Use specific instances of improper conduct by your insurer as leverage to negotiate a fair settlement.
- Avoid venting or making threats, but get professional help when necessary.
Click here to read our publication, Speak UP: How to Communicate With Your Insurance Company.